Tuesday, September 6, 2011

That's going to leave a mark...

So, like most holidays, I considered Labor Day a calorie-free day.  Problem comes when the holiday is a "weekend" instead of just one day (a la Labor Day Weekend).

This past weekend I drove an average of 12 hours one-way to spend Saturday and Sunday with the fam in Ohio (and at Cedar Point).  I miss so many restaurants in Ohio that aren't in New England that I usually end up eating my way through my trip.  And honestly, there aren't enough meals in the day.  Arby's, Max and Erma's, Waffle House, Bob Evans, BW3's, Sonic...I could go on and on. 

Just thinking about what I ate over the weekend makes my tastebuds water and my stomach distend.  At least I split a lot of meals with a friend, right?  And my last dinner was a salad (covered in BW3's honey BBQ sauce), so that's good, right?  That totally negates my complete inability to say no to anything fried (cheese curds, breadsticks filled with cheese, chicken tenders) or in a martini or beer glass (or bottle, or can).
Only thing that can make this a perfect storm is if I spend 1/3 of my time this weekend in a car.  Oh wait...I did. :-/  If only there was a way to work out while driving.  My right foot should be solid, though, since my rental car didn't have cruise control.  Seriously, it had satellite radio, but no cruise control.  Someone explain that to me.

I did walk quite a bit at Cedar Point, though.  And my death grip on the lap and chest bars on the roller coasters should have really worked out my arm muscles.  Maybe it won't be so bad...

Good news is, I weighed myself this morning and only gained 0.9lbs.  Bad news is, I weighed myself in the morning.  If you're a girl, you know you weigh more at night than in the morning.  I guess the point is that I want to hit a specific number because I'm goal-oriented, but when I look in the mirror, I still don't love what I see...and I'm not sure another 4.4lbs will help (other than make my clothes fit better).

So, goal weight in 4.4lbs.  That's 1.1lbs a week for the next 4 weeks.  Still doable, but I need to get my butt up early and off to the gym.  Does anyone want to do housework, work on lesson plans, teach, practice guitar, go to guitar lessons, go to a cappella rehearsals, and go to work for me while I spend my day at the gym?  Would be a huge help.

No comments:

Post a Comment