Sunday, September 18, 2011

Do you have a soundtrack?



I've been mulling over this blog the past few days.  Honestly, I really don't think that it's working the way I want it to and I need to change it up.  No one is going to listen to someone with a "normal" BMI bitch about her struggle with the last 5-7lbs, or how much I hate running (which, by the way, I HATE running).  Honestly, I don't even want to listen to it.  It's not funny...it's not me.

In my first blog, I mentioned being a Jack of all trades...and I think I am.  I don't do one thing particularly well, but I know all sorts of things about all different kinds of things.  But if I had to pick one thing I know most about, it'd be music.  I can sort of read music (as long as you don't give me a bass clef), I enjoy singing, I played the violin for 13 years, and I'm obviously learning how to play guitar.  I love listening to music, going to concerts, festivals, coffee houses with live music...anything really.  Music is my favorite thing.

My blog about my guitar lessons was by far my favorite to write about...it came easily to me and it was about something I love (and George is an easy target).  I even picked my blog title because it was a scene from a movie: "Iris, if you were a melody...I used only the good notes"...even that is a music reference.  So, if you like singer/songwriters, finding new music, and like me, your life follows a soundtrack, I welcome you aboard.

So, here I go...to take you on a new adventure. To introduce you to life as I see it: one beautiful symphony.

4 comments:

  1. I just went to check out your spotify profile but... whaaa? Where is it? I mean, cerrrtaaainly yyyoooooouuuu have a... (whispers) Does someone need an invite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I do have a Spotify account, but the IT bastards at work scream bandwidth anytime too many people stream music. I haven't mustered the cajones to just go for it. I should today...apparently everyone took today off.
    I see you post from Spotify a bit on Facebook...how do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah... when I was younger, at the end of every year, I made a cassette (you heard of those?) with my favorite songs from the year. I did it from 1983 through 1998. Now if I can only find the time to digitize them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Har har, Sean. Cassettes? What are those? Of course I know cassettes. I actually grew up listening to 45s because my dad was a DJ when I was a kid.
    I used to do the mixed cassettes like it was my job. I'd spend hours plotting it out because it had to fit EXACTLY on the amount of tape space I had (I hated it when the song would get cut off as I was recording).
    I swear, every time I talk about what I was like as a kid I come up with another clear and obvious sign I was destined for meeting/event planning.

    ReplyDelete